Saturday, October 11, 2008

Creamy White Chili

Creamy White Chili
1 lb chicken, cut into ½ in. cubes
1 med. Onion, chopped
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oil
2 (15 oz cans) great northern beans, rinsed & drained (or 1 1/3 cups dry beans soaked & cooked)
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
2 (4 oz) cans green chilies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (I omit this)
1 c sour cream
½ c. whipping cream or canned evaporated milk

Saute chicken, onion, & garlic powder in oil. Add beans, broth, chilies & seasonings. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 min. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream & cream. Serve immediately. This recipe can me cooked in a crock pot and also freezes well, even after the sour cream & cream have been added).

1 comment:

Kaerlig said...

Hi kerri. i'll have to try out your recipe. i have one similar but it doesn't call for the cream so yours is probably much creamier.

I checked out your slide show. Very nice. I don't know how to do that stuff. I noticed one of you rock climbing on your 32nd b day. you need to show me how to do that. i have never been rock climbing (don't faint). i want to learn.