Sunday, October 12, 2008

OCD






I have a new obsessive compulsive behavior. Acutally, I did. Last weeknd I made hairbows compulsively. I made two dozen hair bows! Really. I did. Now I'm over it. I had a ton of fun and now my girls have cute hair bows to wear, and I have something I can make for baby gifts.


How did it all start you ask? I bought some hair bows for my girls before school started. Four bows for $18!!! Then, when Kate did a scientific experiment on one, disassembling it to figure out how it was put together, I just about lost it. Then, oh, can I admit? It's blogging peer pressure. Kaylynn posted some cute flower clips she'd made, then my friend Marilou posted links to cute hair sites on her blog. Those sites had links to websites that had free instructions on how to make hair bows. I've added the links to those sites on my blog.


Now I can't wait to have girls night at my house and make hair bows with my friends.

3 comments:

Pemblemily said...

Those are adorable!

Marilou said...

cute cute! sign me up for girl's night...I keep that link up on my site thinking I will utilize it...so I am glad you did because I haven't yet! Now you can help me out :)
From your last post...Madison was in my niece, Bianca's, class too and in the same ward, it has been pretty hard on her. Bianca's mom, Lisa, was in the hospital with the family when they said they couldn't do anymore for Madison. It really makes you stop and think about priorities.

Megan Smith said...

So cute! It is always such a great feeling to "get away" w/ paying less, plus you learned a great gift idea! I wish my daughter would wear them, she ONLY will wear headbands so I have to wait until this phase passes.