Saturday, October 11, 2008

Death of a classmate

A 6 year old little girl passed away this week in Rexburg. She was sick, so her mom put her down for a nap. She threw up and aspirated. Today I found out that the little girl is in Amber's school class. I've been thinking about it all day. My thoughts: Do I appreciate every day with my kids enough? How would I react if I were the parent? I'd be devestated. Is there anything I can do for the family? I don't even know them. What do I say to Amber?

We haven't told Amber yet, but we did ask her if the little girl was in her class. Tonight, we were talking about what we'd like for dinner the next couple of weeks, which diverted into what Amber wants for her birthday dinner. After dinner Amber asked me to mark her birthday on the calandar. I did. Then she asked me to mark Madison's birthday (the little girl who passed away), it's the day before Amber's. Oh, I didn't know what to say.

1 comment:

Kaerlig said...

wow. that's crazy and sad. so random to have died from aspiration at such a young vibrant age. makes a mom think.