Friday, May 28, 2010

Look who's 2!

It's hard work to hold up two little fingers.
Oh, the concentration!
She blew those candles right out.
Twice actually, for the sake of a good video.

Cousins, God's gift of life-long friendship and loads of childhood fun.

How can she be that big?

Amber & Kate made these cute panda bear cupcakes
with only a moderate amount of help from mom.

I can't believe Jessica is so big! She loved her birthday. She had the opening of gifts & blowing out of candles all figured out.
Jessica is delightful! If you give her something she wants she giggles with glee, even if it's just a cup of water. She brings so much happiness and laughter to our home. She seeks out the company of other people. She can say whatever she wants now & is my little companion. I love being with her. Today was Amber & Kate's first day out of school. Jessica hung out with them more than me. It felt strange.
She's finding it's difficult to stay in her big bed when her toys are so enticing (sigh). She wakes up at the first creak of a floorboard in the morning, but thankfully sleeps all night. We sometimes hear a little knock-knock on our door earlier than we wish. Jessica has formed attachments to things. She carries around Dora books and a Winnie the Pooh book like most little girls carry around dollies. She's attached to her blankie, her stuffed kitty, her sippy cups (all drinks are milk), and a plastic easter snow globe her Grandma gave her. She calls it her prize.
She still enjoys puzzles, but spends less time doing them because she has discovered the previously off-limit toys in her new bedroom, i.e. My Little Ponies, Polly Pockets, & Littlest Petshops.
We've had issues with Jessica hitting. I simply couldn't handle the consant reports of, "Mom, Jessica just hit me." So, she's begun her first sticker chart. Whenever she draws back her little toddler hand to hit, her big sisters remind her, "Jessica, if you don't hit you get a sticker." It's working wonders. She reports to me, "Mom, a dint it" and grins with pride; and I'm not listening to tattling.

Grr at blogspot for not formatting my paragraphs right.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a big girl! She is so cute! I'm so glad she had a nice birthday. Amber and Kate did a really great job on the cupcakes! Very cute!

Harley said...

Those are such cute cupcakes. Your girls are so artistic. Little Jessica is an absolute doll. I can see her just loving every moment of that day. I'm also glad to hear you cried at graduation too. That is why I sat way in the back. I'm such a softy at those sort of things. :)

jasnbon said...

she is getting so big! Good thing since you are about to have another! I love the cupcakes the girls made for her, how sweet. I haven't seen you forever, looks like things are going great though!