The Tooth Imp made it to our house before the Tooth Fairy could.
Poor Kate. Her bottom front teeth have been loose for about a year. She recently showed us her new tooth coming in behind her baby teeth, so I made a dentist appointment for her. Rich & I have both had some turns pulling her wiggly teeth. Even though they wibbled & wobbled they didn't seem willing to be removed. We told Kate that we'd rather pay her to pull her teeth than have the dentist get paid for it, and we made a bargain; a extra dollar or maybe even two from each mom and dad, if she pulled her tooth out herself. After seeing her cousin sporting a tooth gap Sunday at Grandma's & Grandpa's, Kate gained the gumption to work on hers & pulled it right out. The tooth went to an evening Relief Society meeting in my pocket, so she didn't get to set it out for the Tooth Fairy. Kate didn't dismay, she was planning to save up her teeth to get a wad of cash all at the same time. By Monday, she'd changed her mind. After school she scrubbed her little tooth and put it in our Tooth Fairy box. By dinner time the Tooth Fairy box was empty. I asked Amber if she'd moved Kate's tooth. Jessi chimed in, "I taked Kate's toof." No prodding, threatening, nor coercing could help her remember what she'd done with it. The little Imp. Rich consoled Kate by telling her she could write the Tooth Fairy a note, and if she didn't leave money, he'd pay her a dollar. So, Kate wrote a kind little note & left it beside the Tooth Fairy Box, "Tooth Fairy, my littl sister lost my tooth. We can't find it. I don't care if I get mony." The Tooth Fairy still left a dollar, hastily while Kate had her breakfast. Whew, good think Kate forgot to check when she first climbed out of bed. Tooth Fairies can be a little spacey.
My older sister told me that have white baking clay at their house for lost lost tooth emergencies. They've made & baked teeth.
3 days ago
2 comments:
The tooth fairy is really spacey! Sometimes she doesn't come for a week to our house.
Glad Kate got brave with pulling her teeth. It is always fun to see them with little gaps in their smiles.
xo -El
Some of my nieces and nephews have found out that the tooth fairy doesn't come on Sundays or in storms. :)
I can't believe that she is old enough to be losing teeth!
Post a Comment