Sunday, February 20, 2011

I Know That My Savior Loves Me

Amber sang a solo today in sacrament meeting.  Kate was supposed to sing with her, but stayed home with a fever.  Amber didn't even flinch at singing a solo last minute.  She did such an amazing job!  She didn't even look nervous.   I really don't think she was.  She enjoys performing and has a strong voice & good pitch.  I don't think there were many dry eyes in the congregation.  She received more praise & compliments than most 9 year old receive in a year.  She told me, "Mom, it's like I'm famous now or something."

Kate is hoping we can have another turn again soon.  I think we could work that out.  I'm wondering where their courage came from.  I'm still trying to overcome my fear of performing.  Here are the words to the song.  And a link to the score. 

1. A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.
 
Chorus
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.

2. Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.
Chorus

Tami Jeppson Creamer and Derena Bell, “I Know That My Savior Loves Me,” Friend, Oct 2002, 46–47 

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is one of my most favorite songs. It is so beautiful. What a lovely experience for Amber.

xo -El

Sabrina said...

I am you and Rich were so proud. That is a beautiful song.

Marilou said...

One of my most favorite songs. I bet she did awesome.

Harley said...

Amber, you did so amazing! I admire your bravery! :) You ARE famous!