Saturday, March 19, 2011

Girls Weekend








We enjoyed a girls weekend in Salt Lake City last weekend.  It will become one of the highlights of my year.  I've recovered from the mild catastrophes that happened at home, like peanut butter smeared on the piano and such.  Activities included:
  • A day shopping at the Gateway
  • Dinner at the Thaifoon restraunt
  • Gabbing until the wee hours of the morning
  • Early wake up calls from husbands left with babies
  • A Utah Symphony performance of Peter and the Wolf
  • More shopping
  • A tight squeeze in a tiny restaurant to get authentic frites and belian waffles
  • A trip to the pet store
  • A murder mystery dinner at Spaghetti Mama's
  • Gabbing in the hot tub until sufficiently pruned
  • Sleeping in instead of going to the Tabernacle Broadcast (well, some of us slept in)
  • Church with Grandma Hutchens
  • Clinging to Alisa, because we don't see her enough
  • Gabbing more at our half way point where we swapped passengers
Here are some comments from my favorite travelers:

"Everyone was so kind and considerate of one another.  I can't recall an uncomfortable moment.  It was just a great time for all."

"I really enjoyed the time we came out of the elevator and the man with the funny look o n his face asked if there were any more.  Someone said it was just like clowns coming out of a clown car."


"How about the revolving door eating Kerri's bag.  That was good but it got better when we all kept laughing about it in the Thai restaurant."

"My favorite memories were finding the banana phone, being drunk tired in the hall when the keys wouldn't work, introducing everyone to gauffres, hot tubbing until the wee hours of the morning, and just talking about nothing in particular."

 "My favorites include attending the concert, visiting 'til the wee hours of the morning, hot tub-ing, and listening to Alisa tell stories (like the chinese finger trap one).  I just really enjoyed visiting with and being with everyone.  I find you all very easy & enjoyable to be around. "


"I loved the baby carrot stuck in the peep hole"  (One of our fellow travelers didn't like the hall light shining in her eyes & found a solution). Thanks to everyone for an awesome weekend, I've been so rejuvenated since I've been home. My kids and my husband are easier to deal with now! :) And more appreciated."

    4 comments:

    jasnbon said...

    What a fun weekend! Spencer is so cute crawling around! Luke also refused a bottle until he was 9 months old and I was done. I finally put stawberry quik in his bottles for a couple of days and then gradually decreased the amount until he took just formula. I think it took less than a week. It was so worth it and he turned out just fine, at least I think he did! You are doing great, we always worry about our babies though!

    Elizabeth said...

    Sounds like a really fun time! I'll bet Peter and the Wolf was fantastic!

    Thanks for sharing the fun!

    xo -El

    Harley said...

    Wow! Sounds like you had a whole LOT of fun! I love those kind of get away's with lots of laughter & gabbing. So glad you were able to do that.

    charlesfam said...

    Oh, these are some of my favorite women in the entire world! I really wish I could have been there. You better believe we are doing it again. I love you all very, very much.