Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Smarter than we give them credit for

Rich & I have been trying to be more consistent and structured with our kids lately. Tonight after a rant about not being allowed to have a snack right after dinner (which she didn't like or eat much of), we heard Amber mumbling under her breath, "I used to get anything I wanted when I cried."

A short time later, after a sisterly battle, Rich was explaining that it takes two people to have a fight. Amber replied, "Except with your imaginations." Amber still enjoys pretend play and calls the figures of her imagination her "imaginations." With smiles on both of our faces Rich & I agreed that she's right.

Do YOU ever fight with yourself?

5 comments:

Marilou said...

That is so funny! And I can't believe Jessica is already a year old! She is so cute.

Pemblemily said...

That Amber is a character! Watch out world.

jasnbon said...

That is great, Amber is very smart! I love the picture of Jessica with her cake, she is such a cutie!! I can't beleive she is a year old, time sure does fly.

Kaerlig said...

That is funny! Kids know what works and how to work it. They are smart.

eea said...

You are so cute! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to get these cousins together. The countdown is on.