Friday, May 29, 2009

Cinderella

Amber & Kate performed in the Cinderella Ballet this week. I took some great pictures at the dress rehersal. I thought Rich had transfered them to my computer, so I deleted them off the camera. Only to find out later, he hadn't trasfered them. Oh, I'm sad! Now I'm really glad I bought the professional photos they had taken. They turened out great!

I love watching Amber on stage. She is a great performer. She exhibits confidence and happiness on stage. Kate did really well and got to lead the bows for her group. She was so cute. She thought leading the bows meant calling out the steps out loud "tendu, curtsey, tendu to first, tendu, curtsey, tendu to first." Because she's so little, it was really cute.

Here's the only half-descent photo I ended up with.


Today was Amber's last day of 1st grade. To celebrate, we had a swim party. They enjoyed their water blaster tubes & making homemade ice-cream in a bag. I'll post the directions below.

Shake & Make Ice Cream
1 Cup half & half
2 Tablespoons sugar
½ tsp vanilla or chocolate syrup

Mix. Place in pint size bag & seal. Fill gallon size baggie ½ full of crushed ice. Add 6 tablespoons rock salt. Place sealed quart sized bag with ice cream mixture in gallon baggie and seal. Shake the bag for 5 to 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Megan Smith said...

Cute dance picture- one is good enough if you capture it like that. I love their costumes!

Gee, I wish our school days were over. We still have three more weeks and I'm counting down the days!

charlesfam said...

I loved their dance pictures. Your girls are so cute. Thanks again for letting us all come to your house. It was really nice, and I think we all enjoyed it. Love you.