Thursday, April 2, 2009

Meet Tonya


I keep thinking lately how lucky I am to have THREE sisters! (And one brother). This is Tonya. She and I talk on the phone two to three times a week. I bounce most of my ideas off her. If not her, one of my other sisters. Ironically, when we're physically together we talk very little. Between us, we have five distracting little girls.

Tonya's my little sister, but we don't really have a big-sister, little-sister relationship. I certainly don't feel 4 1/2 years older than her. She constantly amazes me. She always seems to have such good balance in her life. Most of her time and energy goes into caring for her busy two little girls, but she also teaches two university level english classes. She recognizes that she has a need for girl time and quickly builds bonds of friendship with people around her. She's a supportive wife to her husband, and accomodates his drive to stay busy and get things done. She's beautiful, kind, capable, loving, and down to earth. She has just the right balance of firmness and softness with her kids. I love to shop with her (sans children of course) because I love her taste in clothes and most other things. For years, I've been a tad bit jealous that she's so photogenic. She doesn't try to have it all, do it all, or be it all. She knows everything about me and she still like me! What would my life be without a Tonya? She's been a part of my life for almost exactly 29 years.


Happy Birthday Tonya!

2 comments:

Kaerlig said...

That is a great tribute to your sister Kerri.

Hey. I got your message. I'm sorry I haven't called back yet. I feel like this past week has been a whirlwind--so busy. But I would love to chat on the phone with you soon.
Kaer

charlesfam said...

Thanks Kerri. I love you, too.