Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bolivian buses and babies



Jessica has been teething and wants to be held and carried around constantly. Not held and cuddled, mind you, but packed around. She has a great system. She crawls to me and sits at my feet to be picked up. Once in my arms she falls toward the direction she wants to go. When we arrive at her chosen destination she signs "all done." It's a great system for her. It reminds me of the buses I rode on in Bolivia on my mission. You just wave at the bus anywhere along their route and they stop to pick you up. When you arrive at your destination you simply yell "parada", which translates to "stop", (noun) and they'll drop you off fairly close to where you want to be. I'm not sure how to sign "parada", but "all done" seems to be working just fine.

2 comments:

Marilou said...

What a smart little cookie!

Kaerlig said...

Pare! Por favor!

That is a pretty nice bus in that picture. Not all were so spacious. I love Bolivian memories.