Sunday, April 12, 2009

Duck harassment

A lot of families go to the park to feed the ducks. We go to harass them. It all started out innocently enough. Hungry ducks 2/3 your size can be aggressive and intimidating, so we taught our wee ones to intimidate back.

Jessica was fascinated by the ducks. We let her feed them. She will get her first lessons in duck harassment once she learns to walk. It won't be long. She pulled herself up to standing today for the first time.
We have an annual picture of Amber doing this each year.

When I first looked at Kate in these pictures I had to place who she was.
She's maturing so fast I can barely keep up.

2 comments:

Kaerlig said...

Ducks can certainly be aggressive... I always feel bad for the ducks that get their bread stolen by the more aggressive ducks and feel like I have to discipline the little buggers.

jasnbon said...

Fun! We love to go feed the ducks also, this winter we just threw the food from inside the car. I think the actually were trying to eat the side of the car, I was worried there was going to be scratches on it!