"We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other. Those of us who are old need you who are young, and hopefully, you who are young need some of us who are old. . .We need deep and satisfying and loyal friendships with each other. These friendships are a necessary source of sustenance. We need to renew our faith every day. We need to lock arms and help build the kingdom so that it will roll forth and fill all the whole earth."
-Marjorie Pay Hinckley
I wanted to share this little video clip beause it made a strong impression on me. Throughout my life I've often felt like the one who didn't fit in the group, regardless of what the group was. This video is a good reminder that we don't have to be homogenous to be valued.
2 comments:
Kerri, I had no idea you felt that way. I always feel like the 'odd woman out' too. You are so accomplished, so many talents and are so kind and friendly. I hope you can find your 'comfortable spot' and be happy with yourself no matter what!
That is how I feel a lot too...is it a woman thing? I don't know. Regardless, I loved that video, and I am so happy you shared.
Post a Comment