My life feels full of waiting lately. Waiting to get some energy back. Waiting for BYU-Idaho to decide what the requirements are for the new major they're forming, which Richard wants to pursue. Waiting to know what Richard is going to due with his business while he goes to school and when he's going to move from part-time student status to full-time student. Waiting for winter to end because I can't enjoy most of my favorite winter activities when I'm pregnant. Waiting for a real paycheck. And of course, waiting for this baby to come.
I've been following my my cousin Kati's blog & my sister-in-law Elizabeth's blog, both of whom are accomplished quilters. They've given me a quilters bug. I decided I needed to escape my boredom & succumb. Granted, I have to have a low-budget quilter's bug, but I've started some projects I'm excited about. I finished the first, a minkee quilt for Kate today. It was super simple & she's excited about it.
This is Amber's minkee quilt I made for her a couple of years ago.
Now Kate has her very own. She picked out the fabrics of course.
(I wish this was my own work. I took it to the quilt shop)

Now I'm itching to make one for Jessica & one for the new baby.
Amber & Kate got their hair cut today. Kate got bangs just like Amber. They're convinced they look identical and were trying their best to confuse us on regarding their true identities.

I've been working on our scrapbooks too. I figure I need to get them up to date now or never. I figured out how to get the scrapbook slide show on my blog to work. If you're interested, you can click on the slide show to see it full sized.


6 comments:
Kate's quilt turned out darling! I bet she loves it. Good for you to learn new things & start new projects. Waiting is the hardest, isn't it? It is for me. The girls bangs are really cute. The "twins" crack me up. :)
Good job on their quilts! I'm excited to see what you create for Jessica and the new baby :) The kids and I will be coming over that way in April for a few weeks, so we will have to stop by and see you!
I love the quilt's! You are so talented. I am waiting for winter to be gone also, and for the perfect house to just appear out of nowhere for me to live in, I know, wishful thinking. Hang in there, it is melting....slowly. I need to have you guys over for a game night, sorry it has taken me so long to get that going.
cute quilts!
Very fun. I love Kate's quilt. I like the hair cuts, too.
What cute girls! That is so great they are such good friends. Kate's quilt turned out really well! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment