"It is not the design of heaven that we be rescued from all difficult situations. Rather, it is the system that we grow up & learn to handle them. The sense of being overwhelmed is very much a part of the journey. It is accepting our lot and moving forward with what the Lord has asked of us that we discover that the Holy Ghost enjoys our company, angels feel constrained to join us, and the heavens open to our vision."
Joseph McConkie
BYU Devotional
Dec 12, 2006
6 days ago
6 comments:
I've been helped this week by remembering the words before the earth was created "...here is matter disorganized..." Like your quote in this post it's also not the way of heaven that we should assume that disorder is not to be expected. Constant disorder and subsequent re-ordering of matter is just the way things roll. At my house there is a lot of matter disorganized so this has helped me feel better about it rather than feeling so overwhelmed.
I love you Kerri. Always.
Thank you for sharing. I needed it. :)
Some days are hard! What a reassurance. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, thank you for sharing that Kerri. I'm so blessed to know you.
Whoa. I totally needed to hear that. I need to memorize that quote. Power. I'm assuming that you needed to hear that, too, since you put it on your blog. We'll pray for eachother. I'm sure to profit, because YOU are a faith-giant! Love you, Kerri
Post a Comment