Friday, November 6, 2009

October 31st

Amber was baptized by her Dad last Saturday. On Halloween! It was an amazing moment. Everything went perfectly well, (with the exception of me deleting over a hundred pictures from my dad's nice camera). Thank goodness I took pictures with two cameras.

I always like taking my children to baptisms because the spirit is so tangible at them. Amber's baptism was no exception. What a great thing for a dad to do for a daughter. I'm so excited for her to have the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It's a true guiding, comforting, influence.


We were excited to have a house full of company for Halloween. I love having a house full of company.
Amber was a bat-kitty-ballerina (for the 3rd year in a row), Kate was a bat-fairy, and Jessica was a kitty. Jessica loved having a kitty face drawn on.
I felt like we should have replenished some of the candy stocks we depleted from various kind home-owners.

We went trick-or-treating early as a huge group, went home for dinner, and then took the bigger kids back out.
If only my kids didn't hand me everything with mint, nuts, carmel, & peanutbutter. Really, it slowed me down for a few days.

Jessica caught on to trick-or-treating very quickly. Once she'd consumed all of her candy, she knew where to get more. . .her sisters' candy bags.
I remember being reprimanded as a child for trying to trick-or-treat mid-summer. It's a great system. We figured it might work any day of the year.

3 comments:

Harley said...

You had quite a trick or treat parade! How fun! Jessica makes a darling little kitty.

KayLynn said...

congratulations on Amber's baptism. I can't believe taht these kids are getting that old!! What fun to have a great turn out for Halloween.

Kaerlig said...

Congratulations for Amber's baptism. That is a great thing. It is special to have your own enter the water.