Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sunday

Tomorrow is our Primary Program. I got to write the program this year. I'm genuinely excited. For one, I don't feel like I wrote the program all by myself. The ideas came to me clearly and easily, though a little slowly. We have such great kids in our ward and great music leaders. I have no worries. Plus, I think this is my 5th or 6th primary program, so I've learned not to sweat it. It all works out.

I look forward to Sundays. I feel true peace, happiness, & belonging at church. I love seeing my little family lined up together in Sacrament meeting. I love knowing that other people are teaching my children the things that I want them to know. Hearing it from multiple sources helps them really get it.

I have to give some kuddos to my husband. Every time I have a baby I get a primary calling. I have never cared for my babies at church, except during Sacrament Meeting. I openly confess he's much better at it than I am. He can get them to sleep in church. I can't. He can entertain them on his lap for two hours with no toys! I come with my bag of toys & goodies & it's not adequate. I let them down on the floor during Sunday School & he warns me, "I wouldn't do that." Sure enough, when I try to restrain their freedom after they're let down a tantrum follows.

1 comment:

Marilou said...

I'm so sad that we aren't there for Ali to be in the program :( It will go great, I am sure!