We've had more than our fair share of illnesses already this year. It started out in January with a nasty respiratory virus. From there we moved on to ear infections and for Jessica, a yeast infection diaper rash. Then it was onto a stomach virus for Jessica and Amber. Amber had the worst of it. She complained of stomach aches and threw up off and on for nearly two weeks. I breathed a sigh of relief today when we all went to church together for the first time in weeks. Today my Sunday nap was interrupted with this news, "Mom, Jessica just threw up." Sigh. Poor Jessi feels terrible! There's nothing more saddening than a sick baby. Who knows what this week will hold for us.
I'm grateful for the power of prayer in the lives of my children. Tonight at dinner, Kate reminded Rich to pray for Jessica. I love to hear Kate pray. Instead of "we ask thee" and "we thank thee" her prayers are made up purely of "we thank thees", even for future events. Maybe I should insist that she say "we ask thee", but I choose to believe her abuandance of "we thank thee's is a sign of her pure child-like faith. Her memorized prayer goes something like this: "We're grateful we won't have bad dreams. We're grateful we won't be scared and no one will come to our house. We're grateful bad guys won't be real. We're grateful we won't wake up mom and dad at night. . ." and so on. Can you tell that not waking mom and dad up at night is a top priority around here? Now I feel I must explain. I'm not a completely selfish & incompassionate person, but if my kids wake me up in the middle of the night, I usually can't go back to sleep. Dumb, I know.
5 days ago
7 comments:
Oh! Poor Jessi! I hope you all feel better soon.
Sorry to hear that you've all been sick. Especially that littlest one, that's the worst since they don't even understand what's happening.
Sweet little angel prayers. I love those!
Kerri, it sounds like your kids need to spend more time in a day care center! remember when they didn't get sick very much back then?
I hope Jess gets well soon!
I'm so sorry your kids have been sick! I know it is hard and seems like it will never end! Luke was sick for two months this fall and I kept taking him into the doctor for something new and asking if there was something "really" wrong with him because he never got better! Eventually he did and I am grateful but it sure is tiring when it is happening. Hang in there, summer is coming......
Thanks for those sweet reminders of what really matters. I'll keep praying for those little girls. Hope we can get together soon! Love you!
Sadie told me Amber had been sick! I hope everyone may get feeling better now! Sorry I didn't bring the baby food- I drove by your house and totally forgot !I should be going to town tomorrow, so I will be stopping by. Hope you have a better month!
Poor sick girls :( I hope Jessi starts feeling better if she hasn't already. I love Kate's prayers! And so NOT dumb on the whole "waking mom and dad up" Ali prays "help me to sleep in my own bed all night" And I usually don't have a problem going back to sleep!
Post a Comment