Saturday, February 28, 2009

On the slopes


This morning we took Amber skiing for her first time. I've looked forward to her first ski trip since she was a baby. She did great! Rich was a ski instructor at Brian Head, back in the day. He was a great teacher for Amber today; patient, fun, & informative. He knew just how much to push and how much to play. I was excited to see Amber learn to love one of my favorite things. I mean REALLY excited! As we approached the ski hill I told Rich "Getting close to the ski hill makes me giddy." If I'd been the teacher I'm sure there would have been more tears and fear than smiles.
We wanted Kate to come too, but she wanted to stay home. She told me she'll learn to ski when she turns 8. I know she would have enjoyed it today if she'd come.

Next favorite activity on the list: rock climbing!

3 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Way fun, isn't is?! She must have been feeling good that day- I hope she gets ALL better, soon! Fun pics and cute girl!

Lanette said...

I am jealous. I wish we could go, too:).

charlesfam said...

Hurray! I'm glad she had fun. I can't wait to get Emma on skies soon. She keeps asking when she can go.