1. The little things are the big things. We prepared a special valentine suprize for Rich each day in February until Valentines day. He enjoyed it. I actually forgot a couple of days. He spent those days trying to guess where we would have left him something.
2. Vomit launched off the top bunkbed has a large spray radius. Enough said.
3. It's wise to wait until after everyone finishes their round or two of the stomach flu to clean your carpets. (No, we haven't cleaned them yet. Rich must have wonderful foresight).
4. 8 to 10 ounces of fluid coming back out of a baby really is A LOT of fluid! Poor Jessica has been throwing up several times a day this week. She's starting to believe it's just normal.
5. I really do enjoy company, especially family. Rich's brother Dan & his family came up to visit for the weekend. They're wonderful. P.S. if they get the flu I'll feel terrible. I really thought we were past it.
6. Rich really is an easy guy to please. For his birthday he received new garments from me, cheapo sunglasses from Kate & a pencil container filled with candy from Amber. Pretty lame-o because December to February are the slowest months for his business. He didn't mind. He even said he had a good birthday. We went out to dinner the night before and spent his birthday snowmobiling with our neighbors the Evans & my dad.
7. Mothering is exhausting, especially when kids are sick. After 20 days of tummy aches, Amber seems to be better. I think she'll be eating a ton this week to regain the weight she lost. Kate had one severe day of vomiting, but rested a lot and recovered quickly. Jessica, has been throwing up for 8 days & is still going strong.
8. I have a great husband. He understands that I need to get out once in a while. He has saved my sanity this week.
9. It's mortifying to stand just out of reach as your daughter throws up all over your sister-in-law.
10. I'm really grateful my kids are healthy most of the time. How do people deal with chronic illness?
Rich has a tradition of giving each of his girls a rose for Valentines day. They treasure them.

I go a set of collanders, disguised as flowers. I've been using the same miserable collander for ten years. It's so pathetic that Rich threatened to buy me new ones for Christmas. I gave him a hard time when he didn't becuase Santa brought him salt & pepper shakers. I was touched by his creativity. The vase is really a blender attachement I can use to make smoothies and blend babyfood. Again, thoughtfully creative!








5 comments:
I hope you guys can get over all the sickness soon! Sounds like a fun weekend anyway!
I've personally experienced the spray radius from the top bunk! I think throw up is the worst and I'm so sorry to hear how long your family has been sick!
It looks like you've been able to do some fun things through it all at least.
Sounds like WAY to much throw up! I hope everyone feels better soon and that no one gets it again!
I'm so sorry that you are still having to deal with the throw up! I hope it doesn't last any longer! I love all of your valentine pictures, the girls are so cute with thier roses and your gift was extremely creative!
Thanks Keri for all of the fun. Don't worry about the baby she is so cute and fun that even throwing up she was cute. Please let us come again. We always enjoy spending time with you guys. Bee is still talking about when she gets to come and sleep over with some of her favorite cousins again!
Post a Comment