
Kate's dreams came true. She started preschool this week. She is so ready to be with other kids and be entertained. She's attending the school district's special need pre-school as a peer student. They have 5 teachers in the classroom with 15 children. Kate was crushed when she found out she only goes three days a week. She loves preschool, I'm enjoying the time at home.
Kate's into letters and homework lately. A couple of times a week we sit down and she tells me a sentence to write. I write it, we talk about how many words it has, etc., then she reads it to me. She then practices writing an alphabet letter & circles her best example. Then, she draws a picture about her sentence. She loves it and I feel like I'm doing a "good mommy" thing. We finish up by reviewing the letters she's already learned and their sounds.
Kate brings home her pre-school projects in her little backpack. Anything she didn't get to finish, she calls homework. She quickly and neatly finishes up.
Kate and Amber both started ballet classes this month. Kate just seems like a born dancer. In my mind, Amber's a gifted artist and Kate's a gifted dancer. Kate frequenly dresses up in dance clothes and requests dancing music (that means classical music). Then she'll dance around the house. She loves the Barbie princess movies, especially if they include dancing. Both girls were in a jazz class last year that my friend taught. At the end of the school year, they both decided they'd prefer to do ballet. People frequently comment on Kate's grace, coordination, and princess mannerisms. I was certain she's love ballet. It was a nightmare to schedule piano lessons around dance classes. But I did it because I believe it's "her thing." After two lessons (and a new dance outfit, new shoes, a deposit, & a month of tuition), Kate's declared she doesn't like it! What!?! I suspect I'm now trying to guilt her into loving it. Sigh. We'll give it a few more weeks.
Kate's into letters and homework lately. A couple of times a week we sit down and she tells me a sentence to write. I write it, we talk about how many words it has, etc., then she reads it to me. She then practices writing an alphabet letter & circles her best example. Then, she draws a picture about her sentence. She loves it and I feel like I'm doing a "good mommy" thing. We finish up by reviewing the letters she's already learned and their sounds.
Kate brings home her pre-school projects in her little backpack. Anything she didn't get to finish, she calls homework. She quickly and neatly finishes up.
Kate and Amber both started ballet classes this month. Kate just seems like a born dancer. In my mind, Amber's a gifted artist and Kate's a gifted dancer. Kate frequenly dresses up in dance clothes and requests dancing music (that means classical music). Then she'll dance around the house. She loves the Barbie princess movies, especially if they include dancing. Both girls were in a jazz class last year that my friend taught. At the end of the school year, they both decided they'd prefer to do ballet. People frequently comment on Kate's grace, coordination, and princess mannerisms. I was certain she's love ballet. It was a nightmare to schedule piano lessons around dance classes. But I did it because I believe it's "her thing." After two lessons (and a new dance outfit, new shoes, a deposit, & a month of tuition), Kate's declared she doesn't like it! What!?! I suspect I'm now trying to guilt her into loving it. Sigh. We'll give it a few more weeks.
2 comments:
I'm sure she will change her mind. As parents I kind of feel we have veto rights on a few things. Good luck any ways.
I have not been doing the "good mommy" stuff with ellie. She's going to go to kindergarten knowing nothing I fear.
Post a Comment