
This was one of the best days of my life- Jessica's blessing day. It was the culmination of miracles and answered prayers. Richard, supported by many wonderful family members, gave Jessica the most beautiful blessing. It was simply wonderful. Jessica is such a blessing to our family. It's mind-boggling that before you have a baby you simply can't imagine them, then after they arrive you can't remember them ever not being a part of your family. A whole family is re-defined and it's just right. I love watching Amber and Kate in their big-sister role. They love their baby, and she loves them. I love watching Rich in his role as a dad. He can be so tender and gentle with his girls. I also adore the way he kindly cares for me during pregnancy and after child-birth, when I desperately need his companionship.
Last fast Sunday a sister in our ward encouraged young parents not to wish away their childrens' early years. With joy I realized, I don't. I really love my little girls (not every moment, mind you), but there are those moments when I just want to freeze them and hope they'll stay little just a little bit longer. That's why I love to take pictures, journal, and scrapbook. I don't want the wonderful memories to fade. It's such a blessing to be a mom.
4 comments:
Congratulations, what a fine time. With Sadie I have felt like I blink and a week or more is gone! It is too fast!
Kerri, I am so happy for you. Things must be going well. Your girls are getting so big! I can't believe how grown up Amber looks.
So true. Kids just grow too quickly to wish it away. Thanks for the good reminder.
Thanks for inviting us all to share in the special occasion. it was really fun to spend some time with you and Rich and the girls. We look forward to coming and visiting again although we will hope to stay a bit closer so we don't have to drive as much.
Post a Comment