5 days ago
Sunday, July 3, 2011
Stone Soup Play
I simply adore Kate's first grade teacher, Mrs. Ricks. She genuinely loves each student; not as an academic brain to fill, but as a special person to teach and train. She loves each child in their entirety and has made my girls feel so capable and loved.
She puts her whole soul into a performance of Stone Soup to end each school year. Kate was so fun to watch. My favorite part of the play was watching her take the hand of a special needs girl in her class and lead her off stage. I told Kate I thought that was really special and it showed that Mrs. Ricks could trust her to be kind to others.
I sometimes forget how young Kate is. She is mature beyond her years. So bright, responsible, & capable. She can do anything she sets her mind too. The perfect word to describe my Kate would be "driven".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment