Thursday, December 9, 2010

callings & trials

I wish everyone could have their turn as a Relief Society President. It's one of the most challenging things I've done yet. (A mission to Bolivia was harder, I'll admit). The love that I feel for the sisters in my ward is indescribable. I know the Savior loves each of them, because the love I feel for them is greater than my own love; it's His love. I'm learning from the examples of my councilors how to be better at keeping covenants. I'm getting to know my sisters in a much more personal way. I love, respect, & admire them all. Yet, I'm delighted to discover that not a single one of them is perfect! We all have some level of disfunctionality. And it's okay! I'm much more aware of other people's trials. The little adage "If all of our trials were hung on a line, you'd pick yours & I'd pick mine" is oh so true.

No comments: