Sunday, February 21, 2010

Playing Catch Up

We went to the Dog Debry (sled dog races) in Ashton yesterday. We got there just in time to miss everything, because we spent the morning cleaning house. I had committed to take Kate ice skating. We were greeted by a sign at the skating rink that said it was closed due to bad ice conditions. Kate conceded to sledding, well, sliding. She decided a sled wasn't necessary. She and I had some good 1:1 time sledding together.




Amber and Kate made their own Valentines. Kate's were hearts with a candy heart attached. She made them all by herself and even wrote names on them wtihout help. Amber's were a little more complicated. It was a late night.






We met up with my sister and her two girls on a recent teacher-in-service day. The kiddos had a blast playing at this indoor play place. We needed some active time. I love living close to family.






We went ice skating recently for family night.
Kate has begged and begged to go back ever since.

Rich is such a great daddy to little girls.
We enjoy so many happy moments.
I have to admit, I do hope we find out tomorrow that he's getting a son.

This little one was so funny on the ice; doing little spins in her snow boots.



5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Did I read that correctly? I don't remember hearing that you had another little on the way. Congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

What fun winter pictures. Thanks for sharing your memories!

And keep us posted on what the new little one is . . . boy or girl? Can't wait to find out.

Girly Girl Essentials said...

I'm so excited for you! Be sure to follow up quickly with boy/girl status :) YAY!!!!

Marilou said...

oops-sorry, I was doing some business right before I hopped over here :)

jasnbon said...

You look like you had a great time ice skating and sledding, how fun! We also went to the dog sled races (on Sat.). My kids just love it, and so do I! I am thinking I need to find 3 dogs and practice cross country skiing and do the skijoring race, or whatever you call it, that looks fun!