There's a great new thing happening in town (and around the Northwest US). It's a food co-op called
Bountiful baskets. Every two weeks they distribute a huge basket of produce for $15. They ask participants to donate their time occasionally to help the system work. You just get what you get each week. My mom got her first basket this weekend. She said they had 90 people participate here. The produce was amazing! Far better than the local grocery store produce. Her basket included:
- bananas
- strawberries
- 2 small watermelons
- oranges
- pears
- apples (I think)
- tomatoes
- lettuce
- cauliflower
- broccoli
- peppers
- cucumbers
- zucchini
She also purchased wheat bread and sweet bread as an add-on. They had a citrus add-on too. They distribute at the local Middle school every other Saturday. I'm sold! so I thought I'd share. I'm a sucker for great produce.
3 comments:
We have it here too and I love it. I used to have to drive 20 - 30 minutes to pick it up, but this week they opened a new location a minute walk from our house. It's awesome. I've been meaning to post about it too, but I've been a bit MIA lately. I am glad you have a few up your way now too!
5 minute walk, not a minute walk, but you can't my drift.
Sounds awesome, wish I had something like that out here. Good to read up on your family. Your kids are getting sooo big.
Post a Comment