Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kindergarten & 2nd grade

Do all moms have such mixed feelings about new school years starting? My kids wanted school to start mid-summer. I took that a little personally. Truth be told, they love learning and interacting with their friends.


After her first day of school Amber said, "Mom, I missed you." I replied in a silly but serious way, "You didn't even think about me while you were at school." She assured me, "Yes I did Mom, & I missed you." It made a little soft spot in my mommy heart and she got a big hug.

I've been quietly mourning the loss of my pre-school time with Kate for months. She's so pleasant to be around. She wants to grow up so fast. I think that make me wish for her to grow up a little slower.

I love half day kindergarten. She's home by 11:30 & we still get all kinds of together time. She is loving school and her new friends.


I love knowing that my girls ride the bus together and can watch out for each other. I get a report from Kate everyday telling me whether or not they got to play together on the school playground.

Amber and Kate do such a great job getting ready for school. Mornings are happy. Today I taught my first 7:00 am lesson, leaving them semi-on their own to get ready for school. They did great!

When Jessi sees her big sisters heading for the bus she scrambles to grab her own shoes so she can go to. They get out the door before her and she does this.

3 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

What cute pictures. Love the one of Jess waiting for them to come home. I hope they are having fun at school.

jasnbon said...

I am so sad for the day when my kids go to school! Morgan goes to preschool next week and I am already sad for him to go! I am so lame. Your girls look so cute and excited for school, I'm glad they enjoy it!!

KayLynn said...

So fun, in a sad way. How do they grow up so fast???