Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Another great camping trip







We have about worn ourselves out playing this summer. I've taken hundreds of pictures, but made very few blog entries.

We spent last weekend camping with my parents. My sister Tonya and her family stayed Friday night. My other sister Rebecca and her family came on Sunday. My girls LOVE camping! The night we returned home I laid in my bed reflecting & thought "Life is truly glorious!" I love the role my parents and sisters play in my children's lives. They are wonderful! And they let my children believe they (my children) are wonderful.

The girls biked around the campsite until their legs burned. We fed fish, seagulls, and even a muskrat.

We enjoyed two water-skiing outings with my dad. I love it, because my dad loves it. I almost tried to slalom this trip. Now I have a new respect for my dad, who at 62 still water-skis like a crazy man. Amber & Kate love being in the boat this summer. Amber even loves being out of the boat. She loves to swim around the lake in a life-jacket. She had me laughing hard when she untied my inner tube and pushed me out into the lake. So mischievous!

We made a day trip to Yellowstone. I was invigorated by the beauty there, and then even more enthralled when Amber said, "Mom, this is amazing! It's SO beautiful!" Then later. . ."I can't believe we got to see a bald eagle!" They were fascinated by Old Faithful and even more fascinated by the geysers & hot springs around Old Faithful. We'll be returning more often. . .next time we're going to hike to Fairy Falls.

We squeezed in a mini-hike for Amber just before coming home. The hardest part of the hike was convincing Amber to turn around. She loves to hike and didn't want to stop. We'll be fitting in a few more hikes in the next few months. Want to join us? The wildflowers were amazing! I have two bouquets sitting on my kitchen table & I don't even feel guilty for picking them, there were so many. On our two hour drive I think we saw two dozen different kinds of wildflowers. They were plentiful and beautiful.

3 comments:

jasnbon said...

You are doing a great job of having tons and tons of fun this summer! We also love camping and Yellowstone,the great outdoors is an awesome place to be! Happy Birthday Kate, she is such a little cutie! For some reason I just barely listened to a message you left me forever ago on my answering machine, I must not check it as often as I should! We would have loved to go hiking with you guys, sorry we missed it.

Pemblemily said...

"The hardest part of the hike was convincing Amber to turn around." Hmm...she must take after her mother! What fun outings you've had. Your girls comments about the beauty of the park and the bald eagle make me excited to think that someday Joel will be old enough to appreciate such things.

KayLynn said...

Goodness you have so much fun. I am truly jealous! All of those places look so beautiful!