Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ballet


Kate had her in-class Christmas ballet performance today. Shortly after starting ballet Kate was bored, so the teacher moved her up to the next class. Now she loves it!!! Her new class is held while I teach piano lessons, so my wonderful mom takes her to dance class every week. My mom always comments on how well she does. Today I got to see it myself. You can too. Here's a video clip. Kate's the littlest one.


Her teacher pulled me aside afterward and said, "Kate is really really gifted. I hope she'll keep dancing forever." I assured her, "I think she will. I think she started skipping before she started walking." I really enjoyed seeing her dance. Dancing makes her happy.

I also had a Christmas open house tonight for my piano students. It was an enjoyable evening. I get to rub shoulders with a lot of neat people as I teach their children. Kate didn't understand why some of the students brought me gifts, but not her.

2 comments:

Pemblemily said...

That video is priceless! I especially like the little girl calling out each move as she does it. Kate IS a good dancer. How fun!

Ashton & Co. said...

I'm glad to see Kate enjoying ballet so much! What a cute video! Your girls are always darling!