
Yeah, I did that.
My dad is just like me. We love to play. When we don't get to, we feel caged in. My Dad has a boat and loves to waterski. I enjoy it too. Rich and my kids are cometimes indifferent about going boating and sometimes they just flat don't want to go (I dont' get it). It takes 3 adults to water-ski: a driver, a skiier, and a flag holder. I was really nervous to drive my Dad's boat for a long time. This summer I finally decided to put my fears aside and learn to drive the boat and pull a water-skiier, so I could drive when Rich didn't come along. Really, I was trying to be nice to my dad by learning to drive his boat. I insisted on driving each time so I could become more experienced and more comfortable driving it.
I was just getting comfortable driving the boat. I could even go pick up a skier after they crashed, without fearing I was going to run them over. After our last outing we were headed back to the dock and I unknowingly drove across an island that's not presently an island because of the high water level. Uh, whoops. My dad claims it's his fault because he was standing right next to me and assures me he could have done it just as easily. Right. He's such a nice dad. He played it very calmly & assured me he had insurance and he's just get it fixed. Actually, the insurance wasn't active. I think it was the insurance agent's mistake of something, because in the end, they are going to cover it. So, should I drive it again? When a horse bucks you off, do you get right back in the saddle?
5 comments:
Goodness! That's an adventure I bet you don't want to try again. At least the insurance decided to pay.
wow. I guess you have to learn somehow. I think the real question is does your dad want you to drive it again.
Kaerlig, Rediculousely, yeah, I think he does.
Kerri, Of course you get right back in the saddle. Anyone could have done it. I had a boat accident this summer too. I still feel terrible about it. Of course my dad assures me that it is not a big deal and that he was going to take the boat in anyway to get some other things done on it. (what are the other things?) He is just being good to me. Your blog is cute!
Keep driving that boat. You do a good job and it could have happened to anyone. Thanks for taking us boating when we came to visit. Boo still talks about waterskiing and wants to try wakeboarding next.
Post a Comment