Saturday, November 20, 2010

Grand Teton National Park

During Potato Harvest Break we took a day trip to Jackson Hole & Grand Teton National Park. Our fabulous babysitter Sonya joined us. I love days like this. Although we had to endure too much cajoling for movie watching when I felt kids should be appreciating nature, and pleading to leave the park to go swimming, I still have fond memories of the day.

This girl likes dancing on the beach.
I had to laugh when the rocks she threw went completely the wrong direction.
Learning to throw can be like that.

I'm watching you big sister & I want to be just like you. . .even if you're goofy.

Well, this shot had great potential.

I simply love our babysitter, Sonya.

Sleepin' on the beach, a frigid beach.

Kate, silly?

Parents take kids to lakes just to let them throw rocks.
At least, I do.
The bigger the splash the better.


Amber & Sonya went on the world's shortest hike while the siblings caught a nap.

I love it when people stop to see the wildlife & ask "What is that?" I feel special when I can identify an animal for them. But, I'm surprised when people can't identify a moose.

We finished the day by swimming at the Jackson Hole Rec center. We can't wait to go back. The indoor water slide & water features, plus the warm water made it a grand success. Ironically, we ran into two families from our ward there. I was especially grateful for Sonya at the pool, because Jessica has no fear of the water.

2 comments:

jasnbon said...

This looks like a great trip! We love swimming at the Jackson Rec Center also, the big slide is great. And we always go to bodies of water just to throw rocks in, so I understand. The kids are all so cute in their Halloween costumes!!

Elizabeth said...

Cute, cute kids. Thanks for sharing.

xo -El