Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lost Tooth


Amber lost her first tooth. Literally. She lost it! It came out in the car while she was eating a chocolate marshmallow egg her grandpa gave her. We've searched the car over thoroughly 3 times. We assume she swallowed it. She went to bed that night without setting out our tooth fairy box or a note. Naturally, the tooth fairy didn't come. I told my mom it was because I wanted to help Amber learn to be proactive with her life; explaining that the next day we would tell Amber she should leave the tooth fairy a note explaining that her tooth had come out and she'd lost it. My mom warned me that I could forget, even after Amber had written the note. I assured her that I'm too task oriented to do that; well, not with my first child at least. Hah! Amber wrote her note to the tooth fairy and left it by the tooth fairy box the next night. Ironically, the tooth fairy FORGOT to come! I smoothly explained that her room was so messy, the tooth fairy probably couldn't see the box.

Guess what! The tooth fairy came tonight!


4 comments:

Marilou said...

That is funny! A couple of my nieces have learned that the tooth fairy doesn't come on Sundays and also doesn't come during blizzards... :)

Harley said...

What a funny story. You'll both one day re-read this & love it! :)

charlesfam said...

Oops! It's a good thing kids can't get too mad at the tooth fairy.

Kaerlig said...

What is the going rate these day for a tooth? I was thinking one dollar.