Friday, March 13, 2009

10 years



Rich and I celebrated our 10th anniversary last weekend. Although, I would have loved celebrating in an exotic warm tropical location like Hawaii or Tahiti for a week, our quick trip back to the Manti temple was so full of meaning for me. It's a day I've looked forward to for a long time; and it was perfectly wonderful! The Manti temple is amazing. I was awed by the ornate woodwork throughout the temple, which I know was all completed mostly with simple hand tools. It's simply amazing. Being there with Richard was bliss.
I'm grateful to Rich. He is always supportive of me. He enables me to find time for the things that matter to me. He never says an unkind word. Really, NEVER! He gives me confidence. He trusts me, so I strive to be even more trustworthy. He's a good dad who loves his girls, and supports me in the way I think they should be raised.

It's interesting to look back at ten years. The challenging times have become fuzzy memories. Unfortunately, the good times have too. That's why I journal, scrapbook, blog, and take photos and videos. I have so much to be thankful for. I love remembering the happy moments that fill my life. I'm realizing just how quickly life passes and little ones grow. I'd like to believe that I've gained a small bit of wisdom in the last ten years. I'd also like to believe I'll gain a considerable amount more over the next few decades.

One of my friends from Adventure Time, JoAnne Francis, used to tell us that people have a second wedding shower after they've been married 10 years. I laugh now when I remember her saying that because I've realized she's right! Our things just aren't as bright and shiny as they used to be. But then again, things are just things.

So cheers to ten years of happily ever after.


4 comments:

Kaerlig said...

Congratulations Kerri and Rich. That must have been very meaningful to go to Manti. I remember walking the staircase up to your sealing room. It was a wonderful day.

charlesfam said...

Happy 10th anniversary. It doesn't seem like it's been that long, and yet so much has happened in those years, too. I love you both and am grateful for your relationship.

jasnbon said...

How fun! Time just flies by doesn't it?! You two are so cute together and I'm glad you got to do something memorable for your anniversary, I just love trips down memory lane! We usually take the kids out for dinner for our anniversary, aren't we romantic?! The tooth fairy story is great, I haven't had this experience yet, but am always looking forward to the new experiences. If only it didn't mean my kids were growing up so fast.....

Lanette said...

How sweet and special. I bet it was glorious to get away and relive those memories. How fun for you guys.